There are endless ways to plan an elopement, it can be as simple as a courthouse wedding or as breathtaking as a helicopter drop off to your ceremony on a mountain top. No two elopements are the same. However, we find that having a structure to follow helps tremendously to keep your ducks in a row. We have streamlined the process for you and organized it in to a list of 5 important items.
- First, get your dream together! Lay down and picture how you see your elopement. Can you picture both of sky diving and pumped with adrenaline? Or maybe you picture the wind blowing through your hair while a Scottish castle sits abandoned in the background. Will you be at home or will it be a destination elopement? Who do you want there? Do you have a photographer you want to take with you and to help you plan?
- Secondly, where is the money honey? While you are kicked back dreaming of the adventures, consider what your top 3 priorities are, get your budget in order so you can realistically plan everything around your top 3.
- Third, Research traveling photographers, places you can elope and look for officiants local to the spot you want to make it official. Consider the area, the weather, and the type of clothes you want to wear.
- Next, Finalize airline tickets, rentals for car and hotels, for not only you & your babe, but also for your photographer. Consider making reservations at restaurants, etc.
- Lastly, and most importantly, make this an EPIC day that you can show beautiful images from for the rest of your lives.